Truncated Domes Tiles for Concrete Surfaces - 2' x 4' - ADA Compliant
Truncated Domes Surface Applied Paving Tiles - 2' x 4' Size
Truncated Domes Ship Free by Ground Services. Expedited air shipping is not available. This product ships from New York, typically in 1-4 business days.
Truncated Domes for Concrete Surface Mounting - ADA Compliant - Durable and Easy to Install
- Anchoring hardware and adhesive included with product
- Dome spacing of 2.35" center-to-center and in-line dome arrangement meets ADA Federal and State requirements
- Truncated dome size in compliance with ADA Federal and State requirements, 0.9" base and 0.45" top diameter
- The perimeter of tile is designed to meet ADA requirements for surface height transition for elimination of tripping hazard
- Designed with consistent dome spacing so that when tiles are adjoined (laid side-by-side or end-to-end) the compliant dome pattern is not disrupted
- Wide in-line dome configuration makes a smooth rolling transition for strollers, wheelchairs and persons using walkers
- High density, diamond grip™ pyramid micro texture is for exceptional slip resistance in all conditions, including wet and rain
- Textured surface on bottom, rather than flat surfaces used in other tiles, is designed to ensure optimum adhesive bonding between tile and surface
- Where to apply provided adhesive is identified on underside of tile for easy, error-free installation
- Pre-formed fastener locations enable error-free installation of provided anchoring hardware. Color-matched anchoring hardware is supplied with tile.
- NOTE: California requires a minimum 3-foot depth for truncated domes. This 2' x 4' size would typically not be used in California, where a 3' x 4' tile would be called for. Please consult your local/state regulations and select your sizes accordingly. When selecting colors of truncated domes be aware of the contrast regulation: Detectable Warning Surfaces shall contrast visually with adjacent walking surfaces either light-on-dark, or dark-on-light.
These Truncated domes are strong durable tiles that are used as ground surface indicators. These truncated dome pads are used on ramps, stairs, in curb cutouts and along paths of travel to assist pedestrians who are blind or are visually impaired to detect changes in ground surface levels. Truncated domes also provide a warning to people in potentially dangerous areas such as curbs, subway and surface train platforms, or sidewalks.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirement in the current Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) calls for ADA compliant truncated domes to be used in order to help detect the boundary between the sidewalk and the street. These surface applied (a.k.a, retro-fit) truncated domes can be applied to existing concrete and anchored with the adhesive and anchoring hardware which we include with all our truncated dome tiles. This saves property owners the cost and work of demolition and removal of in-place concrete, then pouring fresh concrete to install cast-in-place style paving tiles.
Surface Applied Paving Tile Resources:
Every Order from Truncated Domes Depot Gets Free Shipping
High Quality | American Made | ADA/California Compliant
Our American Designed and Manufactured Truncated Domes and ADA Pads typically ship in 1-4 business days from warehouses in California, New York, or Florida, depending on the product(s) ordered. Each product page shows the location of the shipping warehouse.
NOTE: Due to their size, weight, and UPS/FedEx considering certain industrial adhesives as hazardous materials, truncated domes can only be shipped by Ground Services to a Business Address. Expedited air shipping is not available. Larger orders are shipped free by LTL freight truck services.
- Self-Adhesive Truncated Domes ship from CA in 1-4 business days.
- Surface Mount Truncated Domes Tiles and Cast-in-Place Tiles ship from NY in 1-4 business days
- Flexible Urethane ADA Pads ship from FL in 1-4 business days
- You can view/download installation instructions on our site. We also include relevant product instructions with every shipment.
- As soon as your order is received, we will advise you by email within 24 hours on the scheduled shipping date for your order. Tracking numbers/shipping carrier information is emailed to you within 24 hours of shipment.
- All orders ship by ground/surface transport. Smaller orders may ship by UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Larger orders will ship by LTL freight truck. Due to the large size and heavy weight of truncated domes products, expedited shipping by air is not available.
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping dates for you based on the availability of your items, and updated you by email.
- Depending on inventory levels of selected styles, colors, and sizes, larger orders may take longer to ship. We will always advise you of the target ship date.
- Will-call Pickups are Not Available. All orders are shipped, often from multiple locations, depending on the products ordered. Each product page shows the typical time to ship that product. We email tracking information when we schedule shipment and each time we make a shipment, so you will know the item is on the way, and when to expect delivery.
- Have questions? Need a Quote or Free Consultation? Please contact us