Tactile Bond and Seal Adhesive for Truncated Domes Tiles
Truncated Domes Tactile Bond and Seal Adhesive — for Sealing Surface Mounted Truncated Domes Tiles on Concrete
One Tube Seals up to One 3' x 5' Tile - Minimum Order of 3 Tubes
This powerful adhesive is recommended for our rigid style surface mounted truncated dome paving tiles. It can also be used on other manufacturer's rigid surface mounted tiles. It is only for mounting tiles on concrete, not for use on asphalt or other surfaces.
Quantity Discounts on Truncated Domes Bond and Seal Adhesive - Contact Us for Pricing on More than 12 Tubes
5 = $19.95/each
10 = $14.95/each
12 = $12.95/each
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET TACTILE BOND & SEAL™ is a one component, 96%
solids, fast cure, flexible, silicone free, rubber based,
dual purpose adhesive/sealant. It is a moisture cured
non-sag system. TACTILE BOND & SEAL™ provides
a permanently elastic bond to most substrates.
DESIGNED TO BOND AND SEAL:
1. Fiberglass and fiber reinforced plastic, Tactile
Detectable Warning Panels
2. Concrete, masonry, stone and wood
1. One component, ready to use, fast cure
2. Odorless and particularly low volume shrinkage
3. Suitable for Marine applications - above and below
4. Silicone free; paintable with most paints
5. UV stable, heat and moisture resistant
6. Broad adhesion spectrum to most substrates
7. Non-staining characteristics on stone substrates
(Specification ranges available upon request.)
Viscosity: Paste extrusion grade
Weight/gallon: 9.8 pounds
Specific Gravity: 1.17
Temperature Range: -40° F to 200° F
Shelf Life: 12 months when stored in
original unopened container
under 80° F
TYPICAL LAP SHEAR STRENGTHS (PSI):
(Samples aged 30 days at room temperature; pulled at 2
inches per minute)
Aluminum to aluminum 486
FRP to FRP 280
Plywood to plywood 336
Galvanized steel to galvanized steel 406
Galvanized to Kemlite® 189
Stainless Steel to Stainless Steel (7 day RT aged) 236
(SS type 304-2B)
TYPICAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
(Specification ranges available upon request.)
Tensile Strength after 30 days
at room temperature: 475 psi
Ultimate Elongation after
30 days at room temperature: 600%
Shore A Hardness after
30 days at room temperature: 35
UV Resistance: Very Good
Ozone Resistance: Excellent
Creep Resistance: Excellent
Sag Resistance: Excellent
PREPARATION OF SUBSTRATES:
Surfaces to be bonded should be cleaned of all dust, oils
or other contaminates. A solvent wipe is often
adequate. Bonds to rigid surfaces are usually
improved by a solvent wipe followed with light abrasion
(180 grit), and solvent wiping to remove abrasive
residue. Dry surfaces thoroughly before applying
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
TACTILE BOND & SEAL™ can be applied by ordinary
caulking guns. Apply a bead of TACTILE BOND &
SEAL™ to one surface at temperatures above 40° F.
Surface skin formation will occur in 40-60 minutes,
depending on ambient conditions. Initial set time is 4
hours, after which parts may be handled.
Clamping, taping or use of mechanical fasteners to hold
parts in place until TACTILE BOND & SEAL™ develops
strength is recommended. After 24 hours at room
temperature, the product is considered self-holding.
Strength build up is very fast in the early stages to give
high holding power, with continued strength build up
CLEANER AND THINNER:
Toluene, Methyl Ethyl Ketone
Store in dark and cool place. Avoid excessive heat.
During storage, moisture and water should be avoided.
Reaction with moisture or water will cause quality
deterioration, but will not be hazardous. For industrial
Disposal should be made by incineration or in
accordance with applicable governmental regulations
Surface Applied Paving Tile Resources:
Every Order from Truncated Domes Depot Gets Free Shipping
High Quality | American Made | ADA/California Compliant
Our American Designed and Manufactured Truncated Domes and ADA Pads typically ship in 1-4 business days from warehouses in California, New York, or Florida, depending on the product(s) ordered. Each product page shows the location of the shipping warehouse. NOTE: Due to their size, weight, and UPS/FedEx considering certain industrial adhesives as hazardous materials, truncated domes can only be shipped by Ground Services. Expedited air shipping is not available. Larger orders are shipped free by LTL freight truck services.
- Self-Adhesive Truncated Domes ship from CA in 1-4 business days.
- Surface Mount Truncated Domes Tiles and Cast-in-Place Tiles ship from NY in 1-4 business days
- Flexible Urethane ADA Pads ship from FL in 1-4 business days
- You can view/download installation instructions on our site. We also include relevant product instructions with every shipment.
- As soon as your order is received, we will advise you by email within 24 hours on the scheduled shipping date for your order. Tracking numbers/shipping carrier information is emailed to you within 24 hours of shipment.
- All orders ship by ground/surface transport. Smaller orders may ship by UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Larger orders will ship by LTL freight truck. Due to the large size and heavy weight of truncated domes products, expedited shipping by air is not available.
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping dates for you based on the availability of your items, and updated you by email.
- Depending on inventory levels of selected styles, colors, and sizes, larger orders may take longer to ship. We will always advise you of the target ship date.
- Will-call Pickups are Not Available. All orders are shipped, often from multiple locations, depending on the products ordered. Each product page shows the typical time to ship that product. We email tracking information when we schedule shipment and each time we make a shipment, so you will know the item is on the way, and when to expect delivery.
- Have questions? Need a Quote or Free Consultation? Please contact us