Truncated Domes - Flexible Urethane ADA Pads - 2' x 3'
ADA Compliant Urethane Truncated Dome Pads - Surface Mount (Retrofit) Style for Concrete - 2' x 3' Size
Made in America by UltraTech - Distributed Nationwide by Truncated Domes Depot - Ships Free by Ground Services. Expedited air shipment is not available. Product ships from Florida warehouse in 1-4 business days. Proprietary Adhesive and Anchoring Hardware is included with pads.
Unlike rigid paving tiles, these Ultra-ADA Pads are flexible durable urethane. Flexible heavy-gauge urethane ADA pads can be applied to slightly irregular or inclined surfaces. The pads can also be cut in the field using a power saw to get that perfect fit.
Slip resistance ratings are excellent. Longevity in the filed routinely exceeds the five-year minimum that is required by ADA law. Unique urethane material is hard enough to offer required audible detection from the tapping of a cane, but has a resilience hard ceramic or fiberglass composite paving tiles lack. Urethane truncated domes are easy under foot yet strong and flexible enough to withstand impacts and high-traffic pedestrian environments.
These truncated dome pads are retro-fitted, which means they are for mounting on existing concrete surfaces. No need to pour new concrete.
Need truncated domes that can be installed on asphalt surfaces as well as concrete? See our Self-Adhesive Truncated Domes Mats for both Concrete and Asphalt.
Detectable warnings that are installed must meet the following federal ADA, Florida, California and other state requirements:
- They shall consist of raised truncated domes with a diameter of nominal 0.9 in (23 mm), a height of nominal 0.2 in (5 mm) and a center-to-center spacing of nominal 2.35 in (60 mm)
- They shall contrast visually with adjoining surfaces, either light-on-dark, or dark-on-light. The material used to provide contrast should contrast by at least 70%.*
- The material used to provide contrast shall be an integral part of the walking surface
- Detectable warnings used on interior surfaces shall differ from adjoining walking surfaces in resiliency or sound-on-cane contact
* ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities (ADAAG: *Contrast in percent is determined by: Contrast = [(B1 - B2)/B1] x 100 where B1 = light reflectance value (LRV) of the lighter area and B2 = light reflectance value (LRV) of the darker area. Note that in any application both white and black are never absolute; thus, B1 never equals 100 and B2 is always greater than 0.
Ultra-ADA Pads are designed for the visually impaired to feel the raised, truncated domes with their feet. This, in combination with a tapping cane, can alert them to an upcoming intersection or other potential hazards.
The ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) require tactile warning pads on the surface of curb ramps, which remove a tactile cue otherwise provided by curb faces, and at other areas where pedestrian ways blend with vehicular ways. They are also required along the edges of boarding platforms in transit facilities and the perimeter of reflecting pools. The raised pattern of domes, also known as truncated domes, are the preferred design for detectable warning tiles and tactile pavers.
Flexible Urethane Truncated Domes Resources:
Every Order from Truncated Domes Depot Gets Free Shipping
High Quality | American Made | ADA/California Compliant
Our American Designed and Manufactured Truncated Domes and ADA Pads typically ship in 1-4 business days from warehouses in California, New York, or Florida, depending on the product(s) ordered. Each product page shows the location of the shipping warehouse.
NOTE: Due to their size, weight, and UPS/FedEx considering certain industrial adhesives as hazardous materials, truncated domes can only be shipped by Ground Services to a Business Address. Expedited air shipping is not available. Larger orders are shipped free by LTL freight truck services.
- Self-Adhesive Truncated Domes ship from CA in 1-4 business days.
- Surface Mount Truncated Domes Tiles and Cast-in-Place Tiles ship from NY in 1-4 business days
- Flexible Urethane ADA Pads ship from FL in 1-4 business days
- You can view/download installation instructions on our site. We also include relevant product instructions with every shipment.
- As soon as your order is received, we will advise you by email within 24 hours on the scheduled shipping date for your order. Tracking numbers/shipping carrier information is emailed to you within 24 hours of shipment.
- All orders ship by ground/surface transport. Smaller orders may ship by UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. Larger orders will ship by LTL freight truck. Due to the large size and heavy weight of truncated domes products, expedited shipping by air is not available.
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping dates for you based on the availability of your items, and updated you by email.
- Depending on inventory levels of selected styles, colors, and sizes, larger orders may take longer to ship. We will always advise you of the target ship date.
- Will-call Pickups are Not Available. All orders are shipped, often from multiple locations, depending on the products ordered. Each product page shows the typical time to ship that product. We email tracking information when we schedule shipment and each time we make a shipment, so you will know the item is on the way, and when to expect delivery.
- Have questions? Need a Quote or Free Consultation? Please contact us